Hidden Gems

The full collage/doodle

Seth Apter is hosting a Buried Treasure blog hop.  Each participant reposts a really cool blog entry that they had posted a while back, that may have been buried after some time, a hidden gem of sorts.  This is my entry, which I had posted a while back at my other blog.  You can see all of the other hidden gems at his blog.
I was into some insane doodling here.... lots of watercolor paint, markers, sharpies, white paint markers, magazine cut outs and more.  I later ended up cutting this picture into pieces to use in other ways.



Detail
Detail
Detail-- I almost like the details more, because they are cropped more tightly. :)
     Speaking of doodles, this book, Oodles of Doodles, is a very fun book for kids.  I have this in my elementary art classroom and sometimes kids will take it out in their free time.  It is small, pocket-sized, but has a lot of pages.

Oodles of Doodles








   
I also enjoy this book, The Doodle Formula, which is fun for scrapbookers.  It is more like a booklet, but it has a lot of fun inspiration.  If you are interested in looking at it, I found mine at Michael's craft store. It doesn't have a lot of pages, so you might want to flip through it before you shell out the money for it. I have looked at it over and over for fun ideas.
















Another book, which has not come out yet, but I am really looking forward to is Doodles Unleashed.
I have Traci Bautista's other book, which I look through all the time.

3 comments

Theresa Plas said...

GREAT doodles! Was just reading about the Traci book coming out too - wooHooOoo!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These doodles are awesome. I'm not a doodler because of my limited mobility, but I certainly appreciate anyone who is. I'm sure glad Seth brought me to your blog.

MrCachet said...

Gems, indeed! I wish I had the freedom in me to pursue the doodle, but I certainly do enjoy looking at yours!