Treasure Hunt

Seth Apter, from The Altered Page, is challenging his readers to re-post "hidden gems"... blog posts from the past that you may have missed.

I originally started a blog that combined teaching elementary art and my own personal artwork, but I decided to separate the two out.  My other blog is called Art is Basic.   This is some artwork I made 4 years ago for my nieces.

What to do with all those family photos? Want to make a special gift for a holiday or occasion? These family photo collages are so fun to make. Using scrapbook paper, ribbons, photos and other bits and pieces of ephemera, make a montage incorporating a family photo or two. Add paint on top to tie the whole piece together.

Sonia, 2008 My niece, Sonia.

Lucy, 2008

I was inspired by and used techniques from Corey Moortgart's book.  I have purchased 100's of art books over the years and I end up reselling a whole lot of them.  This is one I've hung on to and enjoyed over again.

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Sweet! xox

Corey said...

Oh, so sweet! Love them! THanks for such kind words about my book! I have a niece named Lucy, too!

Marit said...

How fun to see your blog pop up in Seth's buried treasure list... I love the work you show! So different from what you do now and yet so 'Marcia'... wonderful!

queenb2u said...

Love the whimsy. Thanks for sharing.

Raylee said...

great idea! i especially like the second photo.