Art Supplies for Art Journaling with Children

 
My daughter has been scrapbooking and art journaling with me lately.  She is 5 years old and has been making art with me ever since she was about 2 years old.  Today I wanted to share with you some of the things she likes to use in her art journal and scrapbook.


First is the journal or scrapbook.
  • She liked using a Hello Kitty Smash book that we picked up at Michael's craft store a long time ago.  I couldn't seem to find it for sale online anymore, but it is similar to their regular smash books.   
  • For watercolor painting, we like to use the Moleskine watercolor journal.   It is a bit pricier than a regular sketchbook, but for using paints in a journal, it is unparalleled.  The quality of the paper is worth a few extra dollars.  This is the journal I like to use for myself.
  • For the scrapbook below, she used a Simple Stories Snapt book. It is very similar to the Project Life style scrapbooking with sleeves to put in pictures and cards. 

The way I approach art journaling with my daughter is just to put out a bunch of supplies and follow her lead.  A lot of times she will come up with ideas on her own and sometimes she will want to do what I am doing.

Some of the materials we use for art journaling and scrapbooking include:

No comments